February 12, 2021
2020 has made international travel a little uncertain, and it seems a lot of that uncertainty has trickled into 2021. How do I meet travel requirements? Will I have access to health care? What do I need to pack to ensure I am meeting local health guidelines? What can I buy once I get to my destination? These are all common questions, and ones we totally understand!
To help make your travel a little easer (hey, it’s what we’re here for!), here is a helpful Covid packing list so you can rest easy knowing you’re prepared:
- Lightweight & breathable shirts, shorts, dresses, and underwear
- Feel free to keep it casual!
- No need to pack the accompanying beach towel – those are provided at the Tulemar Beach and pools!
- Sandals and watershoes
- Hiking boots for Tulemar’s hiking trails
- Raincoat if visiting during green season
- Insect repellent
- It is much cheaper to bring some from home!
- Like insect repellent, sunscreen is much cheaper if brought from home. Of course, if needed, there are plenty of markets nearby to purchase from.
- Preferably cheap sunglasses that you don’t mind accidentally losing, breaking, or scratching with sand.
- Phone/electronics charger
- No need for a travel adapter in Costa Rica.
- Download this free phone app to communicate over WiFi with your concierge, taxi drivers, etc.
- Face masks
- Be sure to bring plenty for the family!
- Hand sanitizer
- Disinfecting wipes
- In case anyone is feeling ill you can easily check to see if it’s just the sniffles or something more.
Rest easy knowing that several of our villas have washers and dryers for anything you need to wash & reuse, there are plenty of markets nearby that are walkable (or, your concierge will go for you!), and we have an excellent doctor with a nearby clinic that wil gladly make housecalls to the resort if needed. Pack these essentials and you should be set for a perfect trip in paradise!