Cancellation and other Policies
Web Site Terms and Conditions of Use
By accessing this web site, you are agreeing to be bound by these
web site Terms and Conditions of Use, all applicable laws and regulations,
and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local
laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from
using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this web site are
protected by applicable copyright and trade mark law.
2. Use License
- Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of the materials
(information or software) on TVHR, SRLA’s web site for personal,
non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license,
not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
- modify or copy the materials;
- use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on TVHR, SRLA’s web site;
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
- transfer the materials to another person or “mirror” the materials on any other server.
- This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by TVHR, SRLA at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
- The materials on TVHR, SRLA’s web site are provided “as is”. TVHR, SRLA makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights. Further, TVHR, SRLA does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its Internet web site or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
In no event shall TVHR, SRLA or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption,) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on TVHR, SRLA’s Internet site, even if TVHR, SRLA or a TVHR, SRLA authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
5. Revisions and Errata
The materials appearing on TVHR, SRLA’s web site could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. TVHR, SRLA does not warrant that any of the materials on its web site are accurate, complete, or current. TVHR, SRLA may make changes to the materials contained on its web site at any time without notice. TVHR, SRLA does not, however, make any commitment to update the materials.
TVHR, SRLA has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its Internet web site and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by TVHR, SRLA of the site. Use of any such linked web site is at the user’s own risk.
8. Governing Law
Any claim relating to TVHR, SRLA’s web site shall be governed by the laws of the Republic of Costa Rica without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
General Terms and Conditions applicable to Use of a Web Site.
- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
- We will collect and use of personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- We will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
- We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- We will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.
Reservations & Cancellations Policy
Reservations are not confirmed until your deposit or payment has been received.
All properties in Tulemar are individually owned and the proceeds of each rental go directly to that owner in order for them to pay their monthly expenses. Once a property is reserved it is removed from the availability calendar and that owner no longer has the ability to rent the property. All rental payments are non-refundable and non-transferable to other properties. This policy is strictly adhered to and we do not have the ability to make exceptions, even in difficult situations. The renter understands and accepts the risk of Force Majeure (including Covid-19) as their sole risk. Travel insurance is advisable, either through our site or another provider.
- If the borders of Costa Rica close or the Costa Rican government restricts entrance by your state or country or your airline cancels your flights, then your reservation can be changed and postponed for up to 24 months from your date of arrival with no change or cancellation fee. Guests that change their current reservation will be issued a credit towards their future stay in the amount that was paid but can ONLY be used in the same property that was reserved. We are not able to issue refunds.
- If you must change your reservation to a future time for other reasons, no matter what they may be, as long as you provide more than a 30 day notice, then your reservation can be changed and postponed for up to 24 months from your date of arrival with no change or cancellation fee. Guests that change their current reservation will be issued a credit towards their future stay in the amount that was paid but can ONLY be used in the same property that was reserved. We are not able to issue refunds.
- If you must change your reservation to a future time for other reasons, no matter what they may be and there are less than 30 days to arrival, we will not be able to move your reservation to a future date nor can we refund any payments you have made.
If your reservation and accommodations are managed by Luxury Destinations Management Partners (shown on your confirmation) please see their cancellation policy in your confirmation email.
TVHR, S.R.L., Tulemar Vacation Home Rentals and Sales, Tulemar Resort and Houck Diversified Inc, a Florida Corporation, hereinafter referred jointly as the COMPANIES, will not assume any and all kind of liability as a result of: a.) the services that the providers offer to clients; b.) the reservations that the COMPANIES book for the clients, such as, but not limited to, booking of tours and activities, restaurants, hotel and rental accommodations, and/or ground and air transportation, as well as any other service that the client requests booking of; and, c.) the Tulemar Condominio (resort) including all accommodations, offices and restaurants, common areas, roadways, hiking trails, beach (including the use of beach equipment such as kayaks, boogie boards, lounge chairs, umbrellas, etc) and shuttle vans; and, d.) any injury or damage (including death) that may result from points “a” a”b” and “c” aforementioned. The COMPANIES acknowledge that all of its providers are qualified for their safety, professionalism and reputation, but they offer services that may well become dangerous and do involve some type of risk related to injury, damage and/or even death. Additionally, the client acknowledges that all bookings performed by the COMPANIES are executed, following instructions of the client and those services that are booked are of good reputation and quality, to the COMPANIES’ best knowledge. The purpose of the tours offered by the providers and the services booked by the COMPANIES, is to allow the client to explore, discover, enjoy and experience Costa Rica and its nature, however, this does not eliminate the possibility that the client may suffer or become victim of any kind of accident, which cannot be foreseen by the COMPANIES. The COMPANIES cannot take responsibility for the safety of the clients while they are enjoying such tours or services. The above waiver includes: a.-) The COMPANIES’ employees, advisors, representatives, officers and/or shareholders; b-) Corporations related to the COMPANIES; c-) The employees, advisors, representatives, officers and/or shareholders of the corporations described in point “b” aforementioned; and d-) corporation’s in which the COMPANIES’ employees, advisors, representatives, officers and/or shareholders, are in turn, employees, advisors, representatives, officers and/or shareholders.
Drones are not allowed anywhere in Tulemar. The General Director of Civil Aviation of Costa Rica, who regulates drones, states drones are not allowed within 8 km of a civil airport and Tulemar is within 8 km of the local Quepos Airport. Their policy also protects the privacy rights of our homeowners and visitors. Tulemar is also committed to protecting all forms of wildlife within the resort and feels that drones may be a threat to birds and other tree dwellers. Thank you for understanding.