An architectural jewel set in the heart of Tulemar, our newest private villa has spectacular sunset ocean views!
✪ A tulemar.com Exclusive
- Sleeps up to 13
- 4 suites – 2 primaries with a king bed in each and 1 with a small daybed (for a child) / 2 guest suites with two queen beds in each
- The maximum number of guests listed is based upon two people per bed and 1 child in the daybed. Additional bedding such as rollaway beds, air beds, or sleeping on the sofas is not permitted.
- Relaxed modern coastal design
- 4 full and 2 half baths
- One primary bedroom is fully wheelchair accessible
- 3 floors (plus the entry level) encompassing over 7,500 sq ft of covered space
- Family friendly
- A/C in social areas (living/dining/kitchen) and all bedrooms
- All suites have balconies with pool views, ocean views or jungle views
- Private pool with jacuzzi spa
- Outdoor covered social area at pool level with wet bar and ice maker
- Outdoor BBQ area on the top floor near the kitchen
- Wireless internet (“jungle WiFi”)
- Daily maid service
- Access to all the resort’s amenities including the beach, the 4 pools, and the on-site restaurant
- Personal concierge
The English translation for “El Escondite” is “the hideaway” and there are no truer words that describe this modern retreat tucked away in the rainforest. This private villa with 180 degree views of the ocean and jungle is set in the center of Tulemar, perfectly situated for easy access to the beach, resort amenities, such as the restaurant and the front gate to the main street of Manual Antonio. El Escondite was designed to provide a relaxed, modern coastal feel with layers of amenities, much like the owner’s homes in California.
As you enter El Escondite you’ll hear and see the waterfall coming from above, instantly providing an awaited feeling of Zen. As you reach the top of the first level, the relaxing infinity pool and spa set against the rich green background of the surrounding jungle will give you no choice but to quickly get settled and come back for a float. This centralized point on the property provides the iconic Costa Rican experience of swimming while taking in breathtaking views of the ocean, serene landscape and wildlife, including monkeys, sloths, and magnificent color-rich macaws. Just steps away, this level is also home to the first primary suite. The modern simplistic design does not sacrifice opulence with an open air bathtub located on the large balcony. The second level offers two guest bedrooms, each with two queen beds and their own bathrooms. The second primary suite is also on the second floor with a king size bed and daybed that can accommodate a child. This suite brings the outdoor experience inside by providing stunning views of the sunset over the ocean and an open air shower that offers privacy while being surrounded by jungle. All bedrooms have either ocean or jungle views and air conditioning.
Floating high in the clouds, the top floor is truly the showpiece of this villa with stunning views from the deeply green pigmented mountains to the deep blue ocean. The expansive sliding glass doors allow this area to be open air, feeling like you are living in a giant treehouse or comfortably enclosed indoors. With a stunning, amenity filled modern kitchen, outdoor BBQ area, and large dining table this will surely be the gathering location of the property for guests to enjoy meals, lounge, and boast upon picturesque sunrises and sunsets that will forever be ingrained in your mind as you think back upon your Costa Rican vacation.
Guests will receive a personal concierge during their stay, and will have access to all the resort’s amenities including the beach, the 4 pools, and the on-site restaurant. Guests also are walking distance from many restaurants, grocery stores, shops, and ATMs in Manuel Antonio.
Rates for El Escondite
Currency rates are provided for evaluation only. Payments are charged in USD or CRC at the banks current rate at the time of booking.
These are the rates for 2023.
|Season||Per Night||Per Week|
|Jan 2 - Feb 3||N/A||
|Feb 4 - Mar 31||N/A||
|Apr 1 - Apr 14||N/A||
|Apr 15 - May 26||N/A||
|May 27 - Sep 1||N/A||
|Sep 2 - Nov 17||N/A||
|Nov 18 - Nov 24||N/A||
|Nov 25 - Dec 22||N/A||
|Dec 23 - Dec 29||N/A||
|Dec 30 - Jan 5||N/A||
These are the rates for 2024.
|Season||Per Night||Per Week|
|JAN 6 - MAR 22||N/A||
|MAR 23 - APR 5||N/A||
|APR 6 - JUN 14||N/A||
|JUN 15 - AUG 30||N/A||
|AUG 31 - NOV 22||N/A||
|NOV 23 - NOV 29||N/A||
|NOV 30 - DEC 20||N/A||
|DEC 21 - DEC 27||N/A||
|DEC 28 - JAN 3||N/A||
•These special discounted rates only apply to new reservations based on availability. No other discounts apply.
• Rates do not include 4.5% resort fee and Value Added Tax (VAT) of 13%
• Minimum 7-night stay, Saturday arrival and departure day required
• Payment Terms: 50% due at time of booking, balance due 60 days prior to arrival.
• Check in time is 4 PM, but no later than 10 PM. Check out time is 10 AM
• Security deposit via credit card required upon check in