May 29, 2020
Costa Rica has announced the closing of our borders by land, sea and air, beginning on March 18th at midnight, for all ARRIVING passengers that are not Costa Rican citizens or legal residents. Tourists and citizens, arriving prior to that deadline, may leave Costa Rica at any time. This travel restriction is currently set to last through June 30, 2020.
If you have a reservation with us during this time period, please contact us as soon as possible in order to make any changes needed to your reservation. Please see the steps below.
1. You should first check with your airline to see if your flights are still scheduled to fly as you booked.
2. You should also check with your travel insurance policy to see which items may be covered in case of cancellations.
3. If you did not purchase travel insurance or it will not cover your accommodations with us, then we will amend our cancellation policy to include the following:
4. All reservations can be changed and postponed for up to 12 months (or 24 months for some villas) from your date of arrival with no change or cancellation fee. Guests that change their current reservation will be issued a credit towards their future stay in the amount that was paid, but can only be used in the same property that was reserved. We are not able to issue refunds or change dates more than one time. We do require written notification of any cancellation requests, so please email us.
If your reservation is for after June 30, no changes are needed at this time and we will be expecting you!
If your reservation is for any dates from June 30 until July 31st, we would be happy to accommodate a change in your reservation following the steps below as well.
For any existing or new reservations booked for dates beyond June 30th, we will honor these same policy changes if the travel restrictions for the virus are still in place.
You can phone 1-800-936-9622 or +506-4001-5878 for additional information.
We are saddened by this development and will do our best to accommodate you with alternate dates for your stay, but the space is filling quickly with “moves” and new reservations.
We are extremely excited to start welcoming guests back to Costa Rica and our Tulemar Bungalows, Casas, and Private Villas. We have always held our service staff to the highest standard of sanitation and hygiene practices, and now, more than ever, our commitment to cleanliness remains our top priority to ensure the health and safety of our guests, our staff, and our community.
In response to Covid-19, we have taken additional sanitation measures to guarantee our practices align with expert protocols provided by global and local health authorities during this pandemic. Furthermore, we continue to closely monitor health authority guidelines and make changes or updates to our practices as needed.
Upon check-in at our front desk, the concierge staff will explain the protocols and procedures implemented by the Ministry of Health in Costa Rica and then you’ll be taken to your accommodations.
At your accommodations, your concierge will –
- explain that all flat surfaces, switches, door knobs, remote controls, telephones, faucets and fixtures have all received additional cleaning and attention
- show you the location of the sanitizer gel and special waste receptacle for items like masks, gloves and eye protection
- discuss the schedule and procedure for the daily cleaning of your accommodations by the cleaning staff
- answer any questions you may have regarding these procedures and protocols in Costa Rica and provide a source for local information
Around the resort, you’ll notice –
- all the staff will maintain a social distance of 6 feet
- guests will be asked to maintain the same
- staff will all be wearing safety equipment such as gloves, masks and eye protection
- common areas around the resort will be thoroughly cleaned throughout the day