Costa Rica qualifies for the Safe Destination certification from the World Travel & Tourism Council for destinations which have adopted health and hygiene global standardised protocols – so consumers can experience ‘Safe Travels’.
Updated August 11, 2020 13:11 UTC-6
July 27, 2020
Costa Rica has announced the closing of our borders by land, sea and air, beginning on March 18, 2020 for all ARRIVING passengers that are not Costa Rican citizens or legal residents.
Beginning August 1, 2020, travelers from approved foreign countries will be allowed to enter Costa Rica by air providing that they are able to meet the guidelines issued by the government. These are the most current requirements, however they could be changed or eliminated at anytime;
- Travelers must present proof of a negative PCR coronavirus test. The result must have been received within the 48 hours before their travel to Costa Rica.
- Travelers must acquire travel insurance that covers medical care or an unexpected extended hotel stay.
- Travelers must follow all airport and local health protocols.
The approved countries, as of August 1, 2020 are –
- European Union
- United Kingdom
Tulemar is open and is honoring all reservations and serving guests. We are working hard to make this a wonderful experience for everyone that is able to arrive.
We want you here as much as you want to be here. We are caught in the travel policies of our governments, including the US, Costa Rica and many others. This affects everyone, the airlines, the hotels, the transportation and tour companies and our guests. We understand your travel may need to be changed and that is never easy. Please be patient. We also need your support to keep everyone in Tulemar working during this time, from the Gardeners to the Housekeepers and our wonderful Concierge team. We ask for your understanding and cooperation with our Reservations Department, as they have one of the most difficult and stressful jobs now and are doing their best to help each guest.
If you have a reservation with us during this time period and are not able to arrive, please contact us as soon as possible in order to make any changes needed to your reservation. Please see the steps below.
1. You should first check with your airline to see if your arrival and departing flights are still scheduled to fly as you have booked.
2. You should also check with your travel insurance policy to see which items may be covered in case of cancellations.
3. If you did not purchase travel insurance or it will not cover your accommodations with us, then we will amend our cancellation policy to include the following:
4. All reservations can be changed and postponed for up to 12 months (or 24 months for some villas) from your date of arrival with no change or cancellation fee. Guests that change their current reservation will be issued a credit towards their future stay in the amount that was paid, but can only be used in the same property that was reserved. We are not able to issue refunds. We do require written notification of any cancellation requests, so please email us.
If your reservation is for after September 1, no changes are needed at this time and we will be expecting you! If you would prefer, we would be happy to accommodate a change in your reservation following step #4 as well.
For any existing or new reservations booked now, we will honor these same policy changes if the travel restrictions for the virus are still in place.
You can phone 1-800-936-9622 or +506-4001-5878 for additional information.
We are saddened by this development and will do our best to accommodate you with alternate dates for your stay, but the space is filling quickly with “moves” and new reservations.
We are extremely excited to start welcoming guests back to Costa Rica and our Tulemar Bungalows, Casas, and Private Villas. We have always held our service staff to the highest standard of sanitation and hygiene practices, and now, more than ever, our commitment to cleanliness remains our top priority to ensure the health and safety of our guests, our staff, and our community.
In response to Covid-19, we have taken additional sanitation measures to guarantee our practices align with expert protocols provided by global and local health authorities during this pandemic. Furthermore, we continue to closely monitor health authority guidelines and make changes or updates to our practices as needed.
Upon check-in at our front desk, the concierge staff will explain the protocols and procedures implemented by the Ministry of Health in Costa Rica and then you’ll be taken to your accommodations.
At your accommodations, your concierge will –
- explain that all flat surfaces, switches, door knobs, remote controls, telephones, faucets and fixtures have all received additional cleaning and attention
- show you the location of the sanitizer gel and special waste receptacle for items like masks, gloves and eye protection
- discuss the schedule and procedure for the daily cleaning of your accommodations by the cleaning staff
- answer any questions you may have regarding these procedures and protocols in Costa Rica and provide a source for local information
Around the resort, you’ll notice –
- all the staff will maintain a social distance of 6 feet
- guests will be asked to maintain the same
- staff will all be wearing safety equipment such as gloves, masks and eye protection
- common areas around the resort will be thoroughly cleaned throughout the day